Robinson's Ferry State Historical Marker 276
California Historical Landmark No. 276, located on Highway 49 near Angels Camp in Calaveras County. In 1848, John W. Robinson and Stephen Mead established ferry transport for freight, animals, and persons across the Stanislaus River. In 1856, Harvey Wood purchased an interest and later acquired the property, which was maintained by the Wood family until 1911. The fare was 50 cents per passenger, horse, or other animal. The town was later renamed Melones in 1902 and is now submerged beneath New Melones Lake.
38°00'32.1"N 120°30'18.6"W (CA, Calaveras County)
